anyone know of any places on land around merrimack river to fish from hooksett area.was told that cause of the train tracks people have been told to leave plus i dont want to find myself on private land.any info would be great.thanks

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:16 pm

I've fished around the Intervale Country Club. It's posted but I parked at the far end of the parking lot and went into the pro shop to ask for permission. They said it was alright as long as I didn't leave a mess. Their hospitality may not last long though if people keep leaving bait wrappers and clumps of tangled line in the bushes.

There's a boat launch and park off Merrimack Street that I've fished a few times. It looks like there may be a few other nice spots along that road as well.

Further upstream in Pembroke there's a park down Pleasant Street I fished from a couple years ago.

Posted Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:57 am

Thanks for the info i'll check it out.again thanks.

Posted Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:32 pm

np.

I added all this years trips to my profile, so those spots should be pinned on the map now. here and here.

I plan on fishing the park in pembroke some saturday soon, maybe we can make it a joint nhfishfinder trip. It's the green point between the Merrimack and Suncook River here anyway.

Posted Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:50 am

intervale isnt bad if you fish the point at the farthest end of the parking lot. i have better luck downriver by the brown ave trestle. it's behind the old manchester firing range. walk across the trestle and you can't miss the beach on the otherside. it's still an active railway so be prepared for a "stand by me" moment Very Happy

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:16 pm

thanks for the fishing spots hope to check them out soon.

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:11 pm

NH Fish Finder

Social Links