Hey guys,
I'm going to be moving to Greenland in a few months in Rockingham County. I have been browsing around looking for freshwater lakes, ponds or streams around there and haven't had much luck finding any that were less than 15-30 minutes away. I don't have my driver's license yet, and am waiting to get it until I arrive. I was wondering if any of you knew anything about this area and if there is any good largemouth bass or trout fishing around there. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks so much!

Benjamin Miora

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Also, does anyone know if fishing is allowed at Coombs Pond or Knowles Pond (near North Hampton)?

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:12 am

Also does anyone know if fishing is allowed in the brooks and ponds (as well as the Winnicut River) in Greenland itself?

Posted Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:32 am

If anyone does know about any places near Greenland, NH that they would like to share with me, it would be really appreciated Smile

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:51 pm

im not from around here but what i do if I'm going to a new pond...i fish it once from shore to find access...then i take my kayak with a fish finder to see how deep it is ..and then fish with worms and such to find the what fish...go to the pond and if you get kicked out then you can't fish there....good luck...oh yea go on google maps best thing to use to find new fishing spots

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Ya I was thinking about that I'm just afraid that some of those may be marshes or protected land since they are near the Great Bay.

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:09 pm

look it up...or go to the place you want to fish and if its protected then the would put signs up...saying fishing,hunting trap pin are prohibited....at least thats what they do here in MA
on google maps they would say conservation land and stuff like that

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:29 am

The funny thing is though... I did look all of that up, but it doesn't give much info. It just lists the areas as "bodies of water"and doesn't mention whether fishing is allowed there or not.

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:56 pm

NH Fish Finder

Social Links