Hi all,
I have recently moved to New Hampshire and have been extremely lucky to have a pond in my backyard filled with bluegill and pumpkinseed. However, I have been craving some bass fishing for a while know. Would any of you happen to know of any spots near Portsmouth on the Seacoast where I might be able to fish for either large or smallmouth? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

Benjamin

Posted Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Does anybody have an input?

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:55 pm

I can't believe that nobody replied to you on this. There are all kinds of places to fish bass in NH. It depends somewhat on how "far" from Portsmouth you want to go. Almost anywhere on the Lamprey River is good. I've heard the reservoir in Exeter has good fishing too. Best bet is to get a copy of the NH Gazetteer Map Book. It shows warmwater and coldwater ponds/lakes as well as public boat launches. You could also look at the NH fishing digest online and check out different places within your county and then look up how to get there with the gazeteer.
Hope this helps.

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:21 pm

Ok thanks!

Posted Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Lamprey river has some great spot. Packers fall rd and bennett way is a great spot for many fish. If your willing to drive and have a canoe theres many options. Also walmart has a book in the fishing section from clarks with lake info etc. Old durham resivior is nice. My boy friend pulled a 3lb out at packers last week. Baxter pond in farmington is nice. Lucas pond Northwood..i can name a lot lol

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:41 am

NH Fish Finder

Social Links