Hi,
I was wondering if anybody knows any little spots to fish around the Portsmouth/Greenland area. I have located several spots, but cannot check to see if they are legal because I am out of state and not currently living in NH until next month. I am moving around that area and any insight into freshwater fishing around there would be greatly appreciated Smile Thank you all in advance!

Benjamin Miora

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:53 am

Freshwater may be a little hard to find out that way. There's a lot of smaller tributaries off the Piscataqua and saltwater marshes in that area that make tidal ponds appear freshwater on a map. However, I'm not experienced on that side of the state besides a little fishing in the Piscataqua River, Great Bay, Little Bay and off the coast.

One great freshwater option for you that I am familiar with would be to drive a little inland along 101 west to Pawtuckaway Lake in Raymond. It looks to be about a 30-40 minute drive, but there's loads of decent smallmouth and largemouth bass. I fished it pre-spawn and landed a few three pounders in a small area and there wasn't a lot of fishing pressure when I went, so I wouldn't be suprised if we get some records out of there at some point.

I'm sure someone from that area would have some secret spots tucked away that are closer and would be happy to share, but Pawtuckaway is at least one viable option.

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:32 am

Thank you so much!

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:13 pm

NH Fish Finder

Social Links