Hello Iam new here and hopeing some of you could help me here. I am looking to get into Northern Pike fishing and was wondering where to go in New Hampshire to find them and what to use to catch them on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:09 pm

nefisher,

I don't know where in NH you are located, or how far you might want to travel to get close to some Pike, but the Connecticut River holds them...or so I am told. I have fished for them across the MA/NH border on the Concord River, and have seen a beauty taken (No, unfortunately, it wasn't me.) And, of course, Pike are said to be present in some stretches of the Merrimack River...at least south of the border.

msj

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:10 am

I have read that Massabesic has Pike. Thats in Manchester/Auburn NH. Not sure how true that is though.

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:13 pm

There are northern pike in massabesic ive hooked up with a few while bassin on the north shores. they were little guys but im sure theres big uns in there too. Also its reported that there has been a hatch released of northern pike as well as tiger muskie but i only know of one back in the 80s and i dont know that they reproduced enough to maintain existence

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:11 am

I know this is an older thread but i'll add my two cents. I live near Massabesic and fish there a lot. Back in the 80s NHFG had a Pike stocking program for the lake but they never took to the lake for some reason. They stopped stocking them soon after and haven't since. everyone I have talked to has never caught a Pike out of Massabesic although some of the Pickerel caught are as big as small Pike. My guess is there is no Pike left in the lake but plenty of other big fish. I myself have caught 6-8 lb LM and SM Bass.

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:17 pm

NH Fish Finder

Social Links