Great day to fish today, misty rain, cool and hungry fish!!
My brother-n-law is in town from Colorado so we hit a few rivers over the last few days without him getting much... BUT today was very good. Drove from Concord out RT 9 to fish the North Branch, checked a spot here and there and said what the heck in one spot just off the road. I when to see how he was doing after I got 14 bookies, mostly about 6-10 inches with the best right at 12".
I don't have any pictures because my brother-n-law fell on the rocks in Rye last weekend with his camera and I let him use mine but he fell in Tuesday and we all know that cameras don't like water.... Yes 2 digital cameras in 4 days!!
(Do we have a place to keep a tally of loss phones, cameras, ECT for the season???)
But back to the fishing report, he too had been getting some bookies, 5 or 6 I think and was very happy!

Needed some lunch so hit McD's on the way back to fish the Contoocook in Henniker, fished by the repaired (closed) bridge and some fish feeding on the surface. We would target the fish and get a hookup about every other cast!! He got big fish here with a 14" brown, he got a few more in the 10" range. I picked up about 5 browns and loss 2 more... Only had about an hour to fish...
A guy working on the bridge said the stocking truck was there earlier in the day with a few nets full of rainbows...

Off to the salt Friday night....

Jturnskiguy

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:03 pm

NH Fish Finder

Social Links