I'm looking to fish for trout, but I am wondering if there is anywhere within a 15-20 min drive from Manchester. Could someone help me with a location?
Cool

Posted Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:04 pm

Given the area, I would suggest anywhere along the Souhegan River in Milford, Amherst & Wilton. It is stocked with Brook, Rainbow, and Brown, and is very productive until late summer when the water becomes too hot and shallow.
Some of my other nearby favorites are: Baboosic Brook in Amherst, Beaver Brook that runs along the Hudson/Windham town line, Nissitissit River in Hollis/Brookline, Glass Factory Brook in Lyndeborough, and Purgatory Brook in Milford/Lyndeborough.
If you're willing to go a bit more north, I would suggest the Smith River and Blackwater River that parallel Rt.4 from Danbury, all the way up past Grafton.
As far as lakes and ponds, southern NH doesn't have many compared to mid-state and points north, but, Whittemore Lake in Bennington, Saltmarsh Pond in Gilford, Huckins Pond in Sanborton, Tewksbury Pond and Orange Pond both in Grafton, and Lucas Pond in Northwood, are all great fishing.

Posted Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:55 am

NH Fish Finder

Social Links