Hi everyone! My name is Roger, and I’m a confirmed “BassHole.” Yup, I belonged to a fishing club in San Francisco (years ago!) called the BassHoles! In 1999 I moved back to Vermont, and then later moved to New Hampshire with Brenda, My Internet Bride.

I’ve been fishing since I built my own rod (out of a discarded bamboo rod and cup holder hooks for guides), equipped with a reel my brother had thrown in the trash. I was about 10 years old.

For the next five decades, I fished sometimes and didn’t other times, but now I fish every opportunity I have. Though I don’t exclusively fish for bass, or even fish with spinning gear (I’m also a fly fisherman, and worked for Orvis in San Francisco “in my spare time”), the vast majority of my fishing IS for bass on spinning gear.

I don’t have a boat (maybe someday?), but use a great floatation device called a Hobie Float Cat (unhappily no longer made). I am looking to upgrade to a Hobie Mirage one day, or even a BassPro Tracker boat, but for now, I’m just a floater.

In June of 2015, I slipped on a river bank and tore my patella tendon. I crawled for an hour on my hands and knee (the left one wouldn’t move!) across sharp rocks to get near my car, and was finally helped by a young man who backed my car down the rest of the way, helped orient me to the door, and I hauled myself in. I drove myself to the emergency room, and within a couple of weeks had reconstructive surgery.

That ended my fishing adventures for 2015!

Unable to fish, I joined some fishing organizations, started reading magazines, searched Google for fishing tips, watched bass tournaments on TV, and generally started deepening my education on bass fishing.

I learned so much that I decided I would share it with the world, and that’s what brought you here!

I’d love to hear your fishing stories, tips, advice, pros, cons, and so forth.

Enjoy the site and share your wisdom!

Tight lines!

Roger

Founder of Catch-Big-Bass.com

Posted Sun May 01, 2016 7:52 pm

NH Fish Finder

Social Links